Sparring and Destruction Championship’s | Kung Fu Academy 2018
The 2018 Sparring and Destruction Championships are designed to test students abilities (both physical and mental), concentration, conditioning, confidence and knowledge. We place our students under immense pressure in order to test their real world skills.
Our sparring competition places students in a stressful combat situation, which tests their ability to defend themselves in a tense situation. This allows students to confirm their knowledge and skills, tests their confidence and allows them to grow under real world pressure.
Our destruction competition tests students physical and mental abilities under tense competition scenarios. Students gain valuable experiences about physical training, conditioning, mental toughness and most importantly, technique. Student’s are pushed beyond their physical and mental thresholds in order to succeed.
Students will experience many emotions as they vie for success and ultimately, Gold.
What’s so good about competition?
Competition is important for many reasons:
- It tests your abilities. Competition can be good for testing what you’ve learnt. It also tests your physical and mental strengths, your will and determination and it takes you out of your comfort zone.
- It’s a challenge. With competition, not only are you challenging others and others are challenging you, but you’re also challenging yourself. In competition you can learn a lot from your opponent and you will definitely learn more about yourself.
- Grows Confidence. The first and most important step in competition is entering the arena or the challenge. It takes a lot of confidence to overcome the fear of actually challenging yourself and others. Competition also gives you the confidence to believe in yourself and it shows you the great things you can do under pressure.
- Develops Teams. There’s nothing more inspiring or encouraging then cheering on your peers. Competition brings people closer together because everyone wants their team mates to do well.
- Develops You. In all competitions, there are winners and there are losers. Healthy competition is good for you, it pushes you past your limits and allows you to explore deeper skills and emotions inside you. It also teaches important attributes such as humility and empathy and helps you learn how to to temper your ego. Competition exploits your weaknesses and highlights your strengths allowing you to grow and learn as a person and a martial artist. Remember that it is always important to be humble. No matter how good you are, there is always someone better out there; and they will teach you more then you could ever learn just by practicing.
- It’s Fun. Most important of all competition is fun. You also get the opportunity to win a medal, which is even more fun!
WHERE: IPU RECREATION CENTER, 57 Aokautere Drive, Fitzherbert, Palmerston North.
WHEN: Saturday 15 September 2018, from 12 pm Onward.
HOW MUCH: Spectators Gold Coin Donation. Competitors as highlighted on the Entry Form.
DRESS: Full Kung Fu Academy uniform for competitors, casual dress for spectators (PG of course). Mouth guard and groin guard/chest protector minimum for students sparring. Body Armour and helmets are provided, but bring your own (Kung Fu Academy ones) if you have them.
For further information, contact Sifu Chan.