December 2018 Kung Fu Grading
The final grading for 2018 is fast approaching. Students must ensure they practice their grading material, so when they perform on grading day, it will be the best performance for them at that grade. By successfully passing their grading material, students will receive a promotion to the next rank level.
The grading assesses the latest techniques that students have been learning for their rank level. How well the students understand the concepts of these techniques and their application will determine whether they can progress to the next rank level.
Grading’s include punching and kicking techniques, paired sequences that test one’s ability to react to an enemy attack, board breaking, sparring sessions and the traditional sequence of moves known as Taolu. Students are assessed on each criteria for their grading examinations.
The details for the December 2018 grading are as follows:
- When: Friday 07 December 2018 from 5.30 – 7.30 pm.
- Where: 38 Kipling Street, Roslyn, Palmerston North – in the Roslyn School Hall.
- Dress: Full traditional uniform (Kung Fu Gi and belt).
- What to do: Show up at your allotted time and take the correct exam applicable to your rank. Make sure you have sparring gear (where applicable).
- How: Practice your grading material, show us your stuff, get a grading form, return it to us complete.
Excluding black belt grades, there are 20 rank levels in the Kung Fu Academy NZ. This requires a minimum of five years training to achieve the rank of black belt. Our curriculum challenges students in physical, mental and spiritual aspects. It requires great dedication, discipline and concentration to succeed.
Good luck, practice hard and see you there!